Jamie Newell is amongst the most prolific Baba music composers as well as a talented musician and singer who possesses a style of phrasing uniquely his own. Accompanying this “jazzy” rendition of “Sing a Song of Meher Baba” is video footage of the performers and participants at the 2016, 2018, and 2019 Amartithi celebrations in Upper Meherabad during presentations of “Baba Hu,” along with selected video of Meher Baba from 1956, 1962, and 1965.
CHORUS: Sing a song of Meher Baba. Sing of the joy His magic touch of love will bring. Sing it loud, sing it bright, for the rest of your life. Never could you sing it long enough to give the praise that He is worthy of.
1) He came to show that every heart could share the bounty of the treasure hidden there. He lit His candles in the dark that we might see. Above the noise He sang His song of silence that we might be free
2) He personally sees to each detail, correcting every error without fail. There is no lesson of the world He does not teach. There is no corner of your heart He will not reach.
3) In the morning the birds sing out His praise. In the night the crickets chatter of His ways. Shall we not shout His name aloud while we have the chance? Shall we not share with all the world this divine romance?
Arranged using Garage Band with tracks for:
- Lead Vocal, Piano, and Drums recorded at Park Hill Recording Studio
- 2 Background Vocal Tracks
- Male Chamber Choir
- Fingerstyle Electric Bass